vUSA National Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vUSA National Forums

The older forum for the vUSA in vPopulus!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alliances

Go down 
+4
Dan Wang
Digmon
John Fortis
Technician
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Technician
General of the USMC
General of the USMC
Technician

Male Posts : 112

Alliances  Empty
PostSubject: Alliances    Alliances  EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 7:03 pm

Many of us come from the Chicken game, since this is new a different game we will be exploring different alliances?
Back to top Go down
John Fortis
Talker
Talker
John Fortis

Male Posts : 287

Alliances  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliances    Alliances  EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 7:10 pm

I see an alliance has been formed, i like our allies, but not the Name or avatar, also i don't like the Gen. Secretary(StiflerAerodrom), i have talked to him several times, i think that hes a bit immature.

But could be just me.
Back to top Go down
Digmon
Chit-Chatter
Chit-Chatter

Alliances  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliances    Alliances  EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 7:16 pm

Macedonia is a good allie , a buffer against the Serbs - they will be erased soon.
Must see if the Bulgaria president is going to join the Serbs or he is a erep fag ( which i supose ) and he will go for our alliance. Macedonia is a good playa' for USA , bordering Serbia and having a big population ...
But i cant belive they will take any action against their boss thought
Back to top Go down
Dan Wang
Talker
Talker
Dan Wang

Alliances  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliances    Alliances  EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 7:24 am

Obviously Serbia will be our enemies and the rest of the Balkans will align itself around for/against Serbia, so we just go along with the against bloc. On a different note, some personal foreign policy recommendations in regards to neighbouring regions:

Iberia: We need to make sure to ally with one of Spain and Portugal and capture high diamonds from the other (specifically http://www.vpopulus.net/region/Canary-Islands or http://www.vpopulus.net/region/Algarve are the regions). Both nations are pretty weak at the moment, so we should just send out some feelers to the two and pick whichever one is willing to declare war on the other.

South America: Does Brazil actually border us? I remember admin saying something about adding a "fake" border in between to compensate for the lack of Central America, but either way, it's in our best interest to keep up our alliance with them. Argentina will probably follow the eRep pattern and ally with Brazil, so I guess they're along for the ride also.

Australasia: Indonesia both high oil and wood, which we don't have. They have only 10 citizens at the moment since they were just added and will probably take a while to build up a player base, after which point they'll be a threat since they have, from eRep experience, a distinctly anti-American in-game attitude as the result of similar real life sentiments. Which means, once admin's mandatory peace period expires, ally with Australia and hit that shit. If we keep them suppressed long enough in the early stages of the game, they won't be able to develop an initial community to recruit a babyboom, which will definitely occur if we go in at a later time instead of at the very beginning.

If we play our cards right, we can neutralise a future geopolitical threat and secure our western borders, grab up to three potentially long-term allies (some combination of Argentina, Brazil, Portugal, and Spain), and add high wood, oil, and diamonds to our pre-existing grain and iron for a full set of resources that will put our economic war machine in a prime position to defeat Serbia.
Back to top Go down
UnknownDisaster
USMC Senior Officer
USMC Senior Officer
UnknownDisaster

Male Posts : 79

Alliances  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliances    Alliances  EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 1:57 pm

^ What he said. Sounds like a good plan really, especially as it will gain high value regions aswell...
Back to top Go down
Enragés Lumpen
Enragés Lumpen

Male Posts : 4

Alliances  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliances    Alliances  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 2:56 am

So we're 19 days into this game and we're already deciding who are allies are going to be and who we are going to carve up?
Back to top Go down
The Jackal
Chatter
Chatter

Male Posts : 31

Alliances  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliances    Alliances  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 4:30 am

Completely agree with Dan regarding Australasia. I am assuming that Australia and the US will be allies, and unless Indo is allied with us as well, I would be for smashing them into the ground before they get too powerful. In the Chicken game, Indo managed to suppress Aus for so long that they could never build a large enough player base. The same thing could be applied in vpopulus, but vice versa.
Back to top Go down
MrRandom
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
MrRandom

Male Posts : 46

Alliances  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliances    Alliances  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 5:25 am

on topic: always play nice if i learnt anything in erep its once things get personal no change i possible.

off topic: The Jackal... you get your Australian arse to Aus now :p
Back to top Go down
The Jackal
Chatter
Chatter

Alliances  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliances    Alliances  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 7:53 pm

Dammit, I was going to be a spy and all. Anyway, just moved then. o/
Back to top Go down
Dan Wang
Talker
Talker
Dan Wang

Alliances  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliances    Alliances  EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 2:40 am

MrRandom wrote:
on topic: always play nice if i learnt anything in erep its once things get personal no change i possible.

Are we talking about relationships between players or relationships between nations? Because as for the former, yes. The latter, not so much. In eRep we're now allied with Russia and being invaded by Spain. World War III was literally the exact opposite.

Enragés Lumpen wrote:
So we're 19 days into this game and we're already deciding who are allies are going to be and who we are going to carve up?
Why not? I'd bet you all the other nations are doing the same.
Back to top Go down
MrRandom
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
MrRandom

Male Posts : 46

Alliances  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliances    Alliances  EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 9:55 am

Nah see you guys never got personal with Russia. Yes they attacked you and yes you probably didn't like them but it was an honourable war in general and no feeling were hurt you were just doing duties as your alliances dictated.

See Indo v Aus that is personal there will never be a reconciliation in that game between the two nations because people got personal about it as individuals and as nations there is a general loathing between the two nations. That is something you want to avoid and it is something that is bred in oppression especially oppression when just getting started.

Just food for thought.
Back to top Go down
Technician
General of the USMC
General of the USMC
Technician

Male Posts : 112

Alliances  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliances    Alliances  EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 6:26 pm

Just think all cards should be on the table.

Too many eRep players in this game but alliances do not have to be the same.
Back to top Go down
Dan Wang
Talker
Talker
Dan Wang

Alliances  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliances    Alliances  EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 12:01 am

MrRandom wrote:
Nah see you guys never got personal with Russia. Yes they attacked you and yes you probably didn't like them but it was an honourable war in general and no feeling were hurt you were just doing duties as your alliances dictated.

See Indo v Aus that is personal there will never be a reconciliation in that game between the two nations because people got personal about it as individuals and as nations there is a general loathing between the two nations. That is something you want to avoid and it is something that is bred in oppression especially oppression when just getting started.

Just food for thought.

True, though a way it's nice to have enemies that you can reliably count on.

Technician wrote:
Just think all cards should be on the table.

Too many eRep players in this game but alliances do not have to be the same.

No, certainly not. As you can see, I'm as open, if not more, to the idea of allying with Spain as with Portugal. In regards to Indonesia though, I feel like that's just a thing that can't be helped. It's my understanding that they really do not like us IRL there. Stuff about us butting our heads into their conflict with East Timor or whatever. While we generally just don't think about them IRL, to them the idea of allying with us would be like Israel and Iran getting into the same bed, even if only virtually. So regardless of any kind gestures we make towards them, we just won't be able to sway popular Indonesian opinion, so we might as we just prepare for the inevitable hostile relationship. And the enemy of an enemy is your ally, so we should correspondingly ally with Australia if their relationship with Indonesia turns hostile also, though atm MrRandom tells me they're cordial.
Back to top Go down
The Jackal
Chatter
Chatter

Alliances  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliances    Alliances  EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 8:17 am

Firstly, there is no point jumping the gun and making decisions FOR other countries as to how they will align themselves politically. Indonesia and Australia have a pretty good relationship IRL, but some of the more nationalistic Indo's still have scars from the East Timor incident.

So I agree with Mr Random here, that the USA and Australia should not view Indonesia as an enemy straight off. However, if they are an enemy, then I agree with attacking them, and the sooner the better. If they are an enemy, there is no point in allowing them to get strong and powerful.
Back to top Go down
Dan Wang
Talker
Talker
Dan Wang

Alliances  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliances    Alliances  EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 12:52 am

The Jackal wrote:

So I agree with Mr Random here, that the USA and Australia should not view Indonesia as an enemy straight off. However, if they are an enemy, then I agree with attacking them, and the sooner the better. If they are an enemy, there is no point in allowing them to get strong and powerful.

While I personally don't care for carrying eRep into vPopulus, I think between Indonesian eRep holdovers and RL sentiments, conflict between vUSA and vIndo is inevitable and will come around soon enough anyways if, as you said, we allow them to get strong and powerful. Which is why I would support a pre-emptive strike of sorts, all the better if Australia joins the party but no hard feelings if they stay out of it. After all, we can't be friends with everyone. Well, we could, but the game wouldn't be very fun that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alliances  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliances    Alliances  Empty

Back to top Go down

Alliances
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
vUSA National Forums :: The Capitol :: C-SPAN-
Jump to: