vUSA National Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vUSA National Forums

The older forum for the vUSA in vPopulus!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kiji's Wood

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kijiman
Small Talker
Small Talker
Kijiman

Male Posts : 102

Kiji's Wood Empty
PostSubject: Kiji's Wood   Kiji's Wood EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 3:34 pm

Alright, recently I was able to purchase a wood company from revolgod for 13 gold. I only had about 11 gold on hand, but I saw the opportunity in it, so I agreed to purchase it at 11 gold, and send him the other 2 whenever I could get it. I figured that I would be able to raise that amount of gold in a week, tops.

Wrong.

Apparently, in order to build your own economic empire, you need an economic empire to support you.

My account, Kijiman, has a land skill of 4.34. This is a decently high land skill, so I figured that by working at my company for one penny a day, I would easily make more money than I had been working at a separate company for about $11 per day. Even with my relatively high land skill, I only produced about 19 wood per day. Wood is currently selling for about 70-68 cents per pop, meaning that I was making about $13.11 per day. At that rate, it would take me 10 days just to repay revolgod, then another 10 days to be able to hire some 4.00-4.99 workers, at which point I would have to hope that my jobs even get accepted, rather than be passed over for a company that can pay more. Then I would only be making $2 per day from subtracting $13.11 from about $11.

And there really isn't a demand for wood, at all. I put my 150 wood (there when I bought it) up for sale at .69 apiece, and none have sold yet. There's about 1000 wood on the market that isn't being purchased. Hospitals and houses already have all of the wood they need, in order to not delay production during work. So yeah. That basically means I'm now a small fry in the smallest market of them all.

Hooray.
Back to top Go down
The_D
Chit-Chatter
Chit-Chatter

Kiji's Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiji's Wood   Kiji's Wood EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 3:38 pm

Land stuff will never be where the money is mate, sorry to say it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dan Wang
Talker
Talker
Dan Wang

Kiji's Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiji's Wood   Kiji's Wood EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 1:17 am

This is because your wood company is located in New England, a medium productivity region. You should make raw materials companies in high productivity regions. In other words, revolgod p much gypped you in the original sale. You might want to dissolve the company now for 10 gold, but since it took 20 gold to originally create the company, that's a waste of 10 gold from our nation as a collective (since we're all in it together, right?). So how about this, give me a couple of days to get the money together, and I'll buy the company off of you for 10 gold, see if I can do anything to whip it into profit.
Back to top Go down
Dan Wang
Talker
Talker
Dan Wang

Kiji's Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiji's Wood   Kiji's Wood EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 12:44 am

So... Kijiman, you up for this?
Back to top Go down
Kijiman
Small Talker
Small Talker
Kijiman

Kiji's Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiji's Wood   Kiji's Wood EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 5:37 pm

10 gold < 13 gold.

Refine your proposal please, kthxbai
Back to top Go down
Dan Wang
Talker
Talker
Dan Wang

Kiji's Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiji's Wood   Kiji's Wood EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 10:13 pm

Right, but you won't be able to sell it off to anyone for more than 10 gold, I don't think, because as The_D said, raw materials isn't the most profitable sector.
Back to top Go down
Awsum
Press Secretary
Press Secretary
Awsum

Kiji's Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiji's Wood   Kiji's Wood EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:58 pm

Dan Wang wrote:
Right, but you won't be able to sell it off to anyone for more than 10 gold, I don't think, because as The_D said, raw materials isn't the most profitable sector.
That's putting it nicely. Truth is, raw materials are the crappiest sector you could possibly go into, unless there is suddenly a worldwide shortage of RM's. Honestly, I'm not kidding.
Back to top Go down
Kijiman
Small Talker
Small Talker
Kijiman

Kiji's Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiji's Wood   Kiji's Wood EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:08 am

I know.

Alright, how about a compromise.
I'll sell you the RM company at 12 gold, meaning that I'll still take a hit, but not a terrible one. Then I can pay beck revol, and keep a nice 10 gold for extremely overpriced q3 food or weapons.

*Hint* this is where you counter with 11 gold, and I agree after some grumbling.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Dan Wang
Talker
Talker
Dan Wang

Kiji's Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiji's Wood   Kiji's Wood EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:47 am

Sure, 11 gold, once I get enough gold together. Need to sell off some food before I'll have enough.
Back to top Go down
Kijiman
Small Talker
Small Talker
Kijiman

Kiji's Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiji's Wood   Kiji's Wood EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:42 pm

*grumble *grumble*

Alright, tell me when you're ready Smile

(Get on IRC, I'm there a lot)
Back to top Go down